40 Ways To Stay Fat Forever
1. Learn how to cook — pancakes.
2. Avoid jogging when it’s hot. Or cold. Or early. Or late.
3. Tell people you had salad for lunch when you actually had a chicken-salad sandwich.
4. Only listen to medical studies that say you should keep doing what you’re already doing — namely, eating chocolate and drinking beer.
5. Follow multiple sports, especially those that go well with dip.
6. Date a girl who has a thing for Kevin James.
7. Trust your mom’s opinion.
8. Celebrate all religious holidays — except the fasting ones.
10. Go grocery shopping while you’re incredibly hungry — and/or high.
11. Buy candy “for Trick or Treaters.”
12. Buy reduced-fat ice cream — eat eleven times as much.
13. Start on a diet of bacon, eggs, and cheese — and a croissant, if they come with one.
14. Eat foods from countries with long life expectancies — like Italy.
15. “Tempura is sushi.”
16. Buy a Groupon for $40 of food at The Greasy Spork.
17. “Can I add cheese to that?”
18. Date someone who eats less than you — finish their leftovers.
19. “Can we get a box for this bread?”
20. Keep up on new trends—especially those pertaining to cupcakes.
21. Try the new frozen yogurt place that just opened — a block from your house.
22. Buy a Segway.
23. Join a gym that has lots of windows — facing the street where your ex lives.
24. Avoid exercise when you’re tired.
25. Choose “Super Saver Shipping” on your new running shoes.
26. Run with a friend — one who also prefers sleeping to running.
27. Only buy workout equipment sold on late-night television ads.
29. Drink Powerade — even between ultra-marathons.
30. Be comfortable with your body — very, very comfortable.
32. Consider how much a new belt would cost.
33. Live somewhere with at least ten months of sweater weather.
34. Eat like a bird — ravenously.
35. Volunteer to dress up as Santa — this year, every year.
36. Take the elevator — even when it’s clearly intended to be only for the disabled.
37. Tell people you played tennis when you actually played Wii tennis — or would’ve, except you didn’t feel like standing up.
38. Catch up on Dr. Who.
39. Cultivate a web presence.
40. Google “Doritos Locos Tacos.”
You should like Thought Catalog on Facebook here.
A | A | A
I realize that one can’t turn heterosexual overnight, but I thought I’d no longer be having gay desires.
Buying organic food is great when you want to feel good about yourself. Buying organic food when you want to save the world is another matter.
I was raised in privilege and I attack myself for this, questioning my right to be anything but happy.
What happens in a world where we don’t try to control one another, but live in harmonious acceptance of one another? Those in power are debunked. They will have to learn to be loved and revered for who they are, not what position they hold.