30 Other Things Every Woman Should Know By 30
- Always ask for more money at your job, even if you don’t think you deserve it.
- Try to be kind to the people who are rude to you. It’s not personal, they’re just having a really bad day/month/life.
- Don’t go to doctors that advertise. Ask a friend for a recommendation.
- If you are hungover, drink water, eat a banana and try to sleep it off.
- If you believe in opportunity, opportunity will present itself.
- Sometimes when things are really bad, you just have to go through the motions of your life until they get better.
- Surround yourself by only the books, images, music and people that make you happy.
- Your ability to speak honestly about your weaknesses, failures and disappointments is your greatest strength.
- Nothing is more fulfilling than helping other people.
- There really are plenty of fish in the sea.
- Wear sunscreen or a hat when you’re in strong sunlight.
- You need to take the big risk, even if it scares the living crap out of you.
- Sometimes water is thicker than blood.
- Shoes that are too tight can be stretched by a shoemaker.
- Don’t worry about living a life that looks good on paper.
- Go to the gynecologist every year, even if you hate it.
- Be careful about confiding personal information. Relationships change.
- Go to events and parties and lectures you have no interest in going to.
- Ask yourself what you want. Then take the necessary steps to get it.
- Don’t stay in a bad relationship because of the anticipated misery of a breakup.
- When you have a headache, drink a glass of water before you do anything else. It might just be dehydration.
- Anyone worth having sex with should think that you’re gorgeous the way you are.
- When people are speaking gibberish English with a bunch of unrelated words strung together they’re usually talking about a band.
- Just because you’re in love doesn’t mean you’re with the right person.
- You can have a fulfilling life without ever having kids.
- Do what comes naturally to you, it’s what you’ll have the most success at.
- Be thankful that things you wished for didn’t come true. Know that this will happen again.
- Let yourself be happy when you’re happy.
- Force yourself to overcome your fears.
- Remember that no one else has it figured out either.
You should follow Thought Catalog on Twitter here.
A | A | A
n the future, a grandmother’s crowning achievement—the thing she never forgets to remind her grandchildren about—will be that Justin Bieber retweeted her once.
1. I am going to face it. Don’t run away from it. Don’t treat it like it’s not there, like it has never happened — this will only prolong the period of suffering, and delay the healing. Talk about it, […]
You had perfect almond eyes that were colored dark chocolate.