20 Alternate Titles For Savages
It’s a shorter workweek thanks to America turning one year older, and while we’re all trying to curb our hangovers and overstuffed stomachs, Hollywood is cashing in on the fact that dark, AC-cranked theaters is where we’ll all head to this weekend to cure our July 4th woes. Case in point, the adaptation of Savages, a story about two weed dealers and their sexy shared girlfriend vs. a Mexican drug cartel. Throw in John Travolta as a corrupt DEA agent and Salma Hayek’s cute accent and you have the fixings for a quintessential summer movie. So, in the spirit of Savages coming out this weekend, I thought I’d round up some alternate titles for the film solely based off its trailer, IMDB page, and other cultural ephemera I deem relevant.
- Fred Savages
- The Return: Benicio del Toro’s Moustache
- Two Guys, A Girl, and a Mexican Drug Cartel
- Ménage à Bong
- Lively Swap
- Oliver Stoned
- Dubious Weed Dealers: From Cheech and Chong to Ben and Chon
- 2012: A Drug Odyssey
- Ophelia to O: A History of Damsels in Distress
- Babel Pt. II (See the Movie Posters)
- John Travolta’s Hair Line
- John Travolta’s Waist Line
- John Travolta’s Soul Patch
- Behind the Mask: Luchadores and Drug Syndicates
- XOXO Ganja Girl
- Another Movie About Weed Set in California
- The Movie Emile Hirsch Does in 2012
- Dude, Where’s My Pot?
- Weed 101: Studying Botany at Berkeley
- What Tim Riggins Is Doing Now
You should follow Thought Catalog on Twitter here.
A | A | A
I screw up with relationships and I mess up at work. I get angry and say things I don’t mean to my friends or people I love.
Understand that it’s not easy to hear how someone you love very much is dissatisfied with you.
You know we are in the thick of summer when you leave your apartment and on the 10 minute walk to the subway you are basically DRENCHED.
I’m not crazy, and this idea of us did exist outside of the dusty corners of my mind.