11 Signs You May Be Depressed
Sometimes life blows for no apparent reason, which happens to pretty much everyone – it’s not hard to fall into a funk when you’re tired or burned out or frustrated. Sometimes, though, life blows for no apparent reason much harder and longer than usual, and you don’t really notice things are getting bad until you wake up one day a shadow version of your former self. And that’s when you realize what you’re experiencing may be more than just a funk. Here, a non-comprehensive list of indicators that things may be neurochemically off. (A few, you’re probably okay. The whole list, well…)
1. Most of your day is spent horizontal, and not in a fun way.
2. People invite you to do things and half of your brain is like “Yeah, I should probably get out of the house for awhile” while the other half is like “Lol who are you kidding.”
3. Having sex sounds good in theory but in practice it just seems like a lot of work. Like you feel exhausted just thinking about it. Actually, wait. It doesn’t sound good in theory.
4. You find yourself spacing out during weird times, like in the middle of a conversation or giving your coffee order, and you feel slightly disoriented when you “come to.”
5. Taking care of yourself has suddenly become the biggest chore — simple tasks like washing your hair or shaving have begun to require mass amounts of effort, and anything extra like doing your hair or makeup is basically impossible.
6. You’ve started eating only the bare minimum to stay alive, that or routinely ordering takeout from three places at once. Or a combination of both. Either way, your diet has become a haphazard pile of shit.
7. You’ve either started drinking a ton or stopped drinking completely, whichever happens to be your natural response to the fact that you no longer care.
8. Even though you are constantly exhausted, you find it difficult to fall asleep, stay asleep, or sleep through the night without an array of vivid and horrifying nightmares.
9. You go through your days on autopilot — things get done but you have absolutely no. idea. how.
10. Your body has begun to hurt in ways that, according to WebMD, could be indicative of the flu, liver cancer or the bubonic plague.
11. Your invariable response to people who ask what’s wrong is a shrug and deflated “meh.”
You should follow Thought Catalog on Twitter here.
A | A | A
This is Hugh Dancy. This is his face. That face alone is reason enough to watch TV.
Since the last film in the series, Ethan Hawke has suffered a seven year abduction, during which he was amputated of all four major limbs and tongue.
Look, fast food is totally delicious and all…but it will eventually kill you. So, if you’re looking for a really unique way to commit suicide, I suggest popcorn-shrimping yourself to death.
As I’ve often said, “Insight is not enough.” We’ve all had breakthroughs in our thinking, but they only make our lives change if they make our behavior change.