WikiLeaks Gets Leaked, Currently Under a Mass Distributed Denial of Service Attack
Wikileaks, the online whistle blowing site, is down. According to Wikileaks’ official Twitter:
“’We are currently under a mass distributed denial of service attack.”
About an hour later, they tweeted:
‘El Pais, Le Monde, Speigel,Guardian & NYT will publish many US embassy cables tonight, even if WikiLeaks goes down’.
This afternoon the site was scheduled to release over 250,000 diplomatic cables that according to founder Julian Assange “covers essentially every major issue in every country in the world.”
The Obama administration disagrees, stating:
“By releasing stolen and classified documents, WikiLeaks has put at risk not only the cause of human rights but also the lives and work of these individuals.”
In a weird turn of events, Wikileaks was out leaked by the German magazine Der Spiegel. The magazine was accidently released hours before scheduled. The cover of the magazine shows various world leaders accompanied by US Diplomats’ descriptions. German Twitter users have been tweeting about the leaks for the last couple of hours and they apparently don’t think much of the documents. In response to the leak, The New York Times went ahead and published their cache of documents.
- German Chancellor Angela Merkel is nicknamed ‘teflon’ because she “avoids risk and is rarely creative”
- Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi knows how to party
- In 2007 America engaged in a dangerous standoff with Pakistan over nuclear fuel
- China hacked Google
- Saudi Arabian donors are still the major financial supporter of terrorist/militant groups like Al Qaeda
- A crazy Russian wedding where a US diplomat “tells of drunken guests throwing $100 bills at child dancers, and nighttime water-scooter jaunts on the Caspian Sea.”
- Iranian president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is compared to Hitler
- French President Nikola Sarkozy is pegged as ‘an emperor without clothes’
- Obama prefers Asia to Europe
- Afghan President Hamid Karzai is ‘driven by paranoia’ and Afghanistan’s Government is still very corrupt
- Russian Prime Minister Medvedev “plays Robin to Putin’s Batman.”
- Omar Qadhafi uses botox and has a blonde Ukrainian nurse with him at all times
The New York Times has the stash.
You should become a fan of Thought Catalog on Facebook here.
A | A | A
n the future, a grandmother’s crowning achievement—the thing she never forgets to remind her grandchildren about—will be that Justin Bieber retweeted her once.
1. I am going to face it. Don’t run away from it. Don’t treat it like it’s not there, like it has never happened — this will only prolong the period of suffering, and delay the healing. Talk about it, […]
You had perfect almond eyes that were colored dark chocolate.